Thursday, July 8, 2010

4th of July... part 2

Let the fireworks begin!!!

YES!!!

My dad, Emmy and I went to the fireworks stand(s)... (we may or may not have gone to LOTS!) :) and we got all the good stuff!

Then, because we are such nice people, we waited for my mom and Derek to join us and we went crazy. Gabby was so into it! She LOVED picking them out for us to do and then sitting in her chair at a very safe distance and watching. It was precious! Emmy thought they were a little too loud but I got her some ear protection and she liked to see the colors. Then the entire way home she talked about how great they were... 'I liked da purple ones' and 'I want to do mooorrrre' were a few of her phrases in between the sobs of keeping a child up WAY past her bedtime.
It was a great night... here are a few of the pictures
Gabby and I placed each one on the fireplace... this is a tradition that I have done since I was her age. Emmy was sleeping when we 'organized' them and she was in awe when she saw all of them!

the girls loved the pops while we waited for Daddy to get to grandma and grandpa's house

Emmy loved stepping on them if they didn't go off


we also did a few daytime parachutes while we waited

Here is the entire loot for the night!

Gabby LOVED them all! Do you think I am excited that she likes them!

Emmy watching


Happy 4th of July everybody!!
Thanks so everyone who continues to allow us to keep this amazing nation free!!

No comments:

Post a Comment